All of the HCFM Markets are producer-only, meaning vendors sell only things they grow or produce themselves. HCFM staff conducts farm visits to ensure the origin of items offered by each vendor. Value-added and processed goods are required to be made from raw ingredients/materials and must be produced in a DHEC or SCDA certified kitchen.
- Increase access to healthy, local, affordable food.
- Help small, family farms & local artisans grow their business & create jobs.
- Create great public spaces and amenities.
- Bring people together.
- Promote active lifestyles.
- Highlight the diversity of Spartanburg.
- Be self sustaining — help by becoming a Friend of the Market here.
- Check in at the HCFM tent to see what is going on that day, meet the team that is there to serve, and ask for things you did not see.
- Come early for the best selection.
- Talk to the vendors.
- Ask questions about produce or items that are new to you (every question is worth asking!).
- When in doubt, HCFM staff are happy to help you get answers.
- If you do not have cash, the HCFM tent will sell you tokens all vendors accept, so you don’t have to rush to the ATM.
- Bring the kids! The market is a family place, and you will see families grow up before your eyes.
- Feel free to bring your own bags; HCFM also sells reusable totes.
- Make a shopping list using the weekly email newsletter.
- Dress accordingly- markets are open-air.
- Bring a friend (or two); be prepared to make new friends.
- Bring a cooler in the summer – this will keep your produce fresh.