Mobile Market Assistant
Hub City Farmers Market (HCFM) mission statement: We work to increase the supply, demand, and access to healthy, local food in Spartanburg County.
Purpose of the Mobile Market: to sell healthy, local food to people throughout Spartanburg County where they live, work, and play thus increasing access to healthy, local food and avenues for local farmers and food producers to sell their products.
Position Summarized: The Mobile Market Assistant will work closely with the Mobile Market Manager in the day to day operations of the Mobile Market. This is a part-time, seasonal position from July 2017 to September 29, 2017. This position is open for immediate hire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Mobile Market Manager on stops. This includes, but is not limited to driving the truck and trailer system, loading and unloading produce and goods, helping customers, keeping the trailer clean and presentable
- Accept produce and goods from vendors
- Keep up with records and paperwork related to the Mobile Market
- Maintain accurate cash box/till records
- Contact stop hosts and vendors as needed
- Will run the Mobile Market at specified stops without assistance from additional staff
The Ideal Mobile Market Assistant will have:
- Passion for our mission
- An appreciation for promptness and keeping on schedule
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work with a very diverse customer base, including children, seniors, business executives, and low-income communities
- History of being trustworthy and reliable
- Willingness to learn about agriculture and specialty crops
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Willingness and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to drive a truck and trailer
- Clear fingerprint/background check required
- Clean driving record
Pay: Hourly at $10/hour
Job Type: Part-time, seasonal until September 29, 2017; 15-20 hours per week on a flexible schedule
Due to insurance considerations, applicants must be at least 23 years of age.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references to Hannah Heacox at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open for immediate hire.